The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors

Old 04-28-2017, 08:43 AM
Third String

Default JETS draft- Day 2

I LOVEEEEE the Adams pick in rnd 1.. best player in the draft in my opinion. Now we have rounds 2 and 3 and the JEts have picks 39, 70, & 107.

With the 39th pick, I hope they go either OL, WR or RB. If Robinson or Lamp are there they have to be the pick. If not I would be happy with Dalvin cook or Zay Jones. I would be happy with the following draft picks tonight :

39: Dalvin Cook, RB, FSU
70: David Sharpe, OT, Florida
107:Ardarius Stewart, WR, Alabama OR Teez Tabor, CB, FLorida

What do you guys think?
Old 04-28-2017, 11:25 AM
Second String

Would love Dalvin Cook but I think he goes to Green Bay, would also be happy with Chidobe at 39.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:36 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
Would love Dalvin Cook but I think he goes to Green Bay, would also be happy with Chidobe at 39.
Take Quincy Wilson in the second...btw browns cut Barnidge after drafting TE. Mac should sign him. He may be 30, but hes a solid pass catching tight end, which could help bridge the position for Hack/Petty/or whoever.
Old 04-28-2017, 04:50 PM
Waterboy

I would be happy with the following with the #39 pick:

Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State: He was a prolific runner in college (1,765 yards, 19 touchdowns last season), but he slipped because of durability and character issues. The Jets need playmakers on offense, and they should take a hard look at Cook.

Kevin King, CB, Washington: He's a 6-foot-3, 200-pounder who blew up the scouting combine by running the 40 in 4.43 seconds and impressing in the agility tests. The Jets brought him in for a pre-draft visit, so there's some level of interest. Cornerback is a need.

Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida: Coach Todd Bowles likes rangy corners to play his press-man scheme, and Wilson fits the bill at 6-foot-2, 211 pounds. He tested poorly, hurting his stock, but he was a playmaker for the Gators.

Jordan Willis, DE/OLB, Kansas State: At 6-foot-4, 255 pounds, Willis projects as an outside linebacker in the Jets' 3-4 base. He finished his career with 26.5 sacks and he improved his stock at the combine.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:47 PM
Second String

I was shocked...but it makes sense now that I think about it pairing Adams and Mayes....our secondary just got a total makeover and is a serious threat. Add that to our DLINE and its a nightmare competitor for years to come. Good job Mac. Round 3 we will show offense love.

Looks like Richardson and Calvin are on the block might be traded as a pair.
Old 04-29-2017, 12:37 AM
Second String

I love the pick.
How many times did we see Receivers running free on blown coverages last year, should not be a problem going forward
Old 04-29-2017, 10:50 AM
Second String

As somebody else said after the first round, it is a safety-driven league

Whatever you think of the first pick, taking ANOTHER safety is a bit of a head-scratcher. It's almost as if Belichick never returned his key to our draft war-room. And a receiver in the third addresses none of the positions of need in our offense.
Old 04-29-2017, 12:01 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by beresford View Post
As somebody else said after the first round, it is a safety-driven league

Whatever you think of the first pick, taking ANOTHER safety is a bit of a head-scratcher. It's almost as if Belichick never returned his key to our draft war-room. And a receiver in the third addresses none of the positions of need in our offense.
In all fairness - our wr corps is an area of need. Decker is injured and may be gone. The rest have potential but none are a sure thing. We needed a talented WR if we are going to develop a QB.

As to the second safety - it really makes sense when you think about it. It is the weakest area on our team currently. Now that it is stacked our dline can become a real threat pressure wise. Plus almost every QB we face throws 20-30 yards and has big TE's we need to cover. Safeties fix that and these guys are intelligent interchangeable play makers. I know it seems odd, but I think this move will put our defense back in the top this season. The WR gives us a solid #2....the drop off after enuwa could be big without him - we have no idea if Robby or Peake can become reliable #2/3 and even enuwa may regress. Plus if the Jets grab one of the TE's that just hit the open market we can easily add pass catching TE to our field of play without using a high draft pick. Furthermore, our Oline is actually pretty solid now - check out some of the analysis on NJ.com or the post. RB-wise we may not be young or the best, but clearly we have what we need for the season.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartSanchezScott06 View Post
I LOVEEEEE the Adams pick in rnd 1.. best player in the draft in my opinion. Now we have rounds 2 and 3 and the JEts have picks 39, 70, & 107.

With the 39th pick, I hope they go either OL, WR or RB. If Robinson or Lamp are there they have to be the pick. If not I would be happy with Dalvin cook or Zay Jones. I would be happy with the following draft picks tonight :

39: Dalvin Cook, RB, FSU
70: David Sharpe, OT, Florida
107:Ardarius Stewart, WR, Alabama OR Teez Tabor, CB, FLorida

What do you guys think?
you got Stewart, not expecting much out of our other picks, but they will be looking for who sticks. Give the keys to Hackenburg, draft a qb at 1 or 2 next year and continue to round out the squad.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:37 AM
Third String

I think some of these picks were very good and a couple of them are, in my opinion, project picks but that's ok too. I am especially happy that they didn't waste a pick on a QB. They also picked up the following from the undrafted free agency I am being told with another 6 that they are talking to, one of which is a QB - Dane Evans of Tulsa.

Brisly Estime, WR, Syracuse
Anthony Firsker, FB, Harvard
Patrick Gamble, DT, Georgia Tech
Connor Harris, LB, Lindenwood
Gabe Marks, WR, Washington State

Last edited by Gramoah; 04-30-2017 at 06:02 PM.