The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors

Old 04-22-2017, 05:19 PM
Second String

Default 2017 mock draft

I figured the board is so quiet and the draft is just days away that a mock draft might get some of the lurkers to post. Please leave your thoughts and your selections. I'm sure there will be many disagreements over my selections barring any trades.
Round 1 S Malik Hooker BPA
Round 2 CB Sidney Jones Round 1 talent slipped due to injury
Round 3A Edge Joe Mathis BPA area of need
Round 3B T Antonio Garcia much needed depth
Round 5 RB Joe Mixon if he falls this far. Can't let one of the strengths of the draft go by without dipping in to the pool.If gone James Connor is the pick
Round 6. TE Jonnu Smith BPA area of need
Round 7. FB Freddie Stevenson must have position for Morton's offense.
Of course there could be trades.Mac could wait until later to address the O line. A QB could be our early pick. Share your mock draft.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:30 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
I figured the board is so quiet and the draft is just days away that a mock draft might get some of the lurkers to post. Please leave your thoughts and your selections. I'm sure there will be many disagreements over my selections barring any trades.
Round 1 S Malik Hooker BPA
Round 2 CB Sidney Jones Round 1 talent slipped due to injury
Round 3A Edge Joe Mathis BPA area of need
Round 3B T Antonio Garcia much needed depth
Round 5 RB Joe Mixon if he falls this far. Can't let one of the strengths of the draft go by without dipping in to the pool.If gone James Connor is the pick
Round 6. TE Jonnu Smith BPA area of need
Round 7. FB Freddie Stevenson must have position for Morton's offense.
Of course there could be trades.Mac could wait until later to address the O line. A QB could be our early pick. Share your mock draft.
I hear form a friend who lives and works in the area that there are RUMORS that the team will take a QB in round one. I hope not, but that's the rumor circulating in that area. I prefer that we utilize the QBs currently on the roster and take our chances with them so we can fill other more important needs this draft. If none of our QBs pan out we can draft for that position next year when there is supposed to be better talent available and hopefully by then have an "O" line that can actually support him.
Old 04-23-2017, 02:31 AM
Second String

I hope we don't draft a QB at 6.
I'm ok with Peterman or Dobbs late in the draft since McCown is gone next year and Petty can be traded or released next year.
If we take a QB at 6, he has to play this season. Where in the schedule does he get the start?
I want to see Hack play. Good or bad, let him show what he can do. If he stinks it up, we're in position to draft a QB next year.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:39 AM
Second String

Drafting an injured CB in the hope he will hold up? It's like deja vu all over again.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:11 PM
Second String

Arrow

Which QB mentioned is injured ?
Old 04-26-2017, 10:29 AM
Third String

Been awhile since I been on.. good to be back fellas...I see this draft as a ladder to the future, not a win now draft. No QBs in this draft are day 1 ready IMO. if you pick a QB in the 1st round especially top 10, he needs to be a day 1 starter. for me this would be a successful start to the draft

Rd 1: Malik Hooker, S, ohio state
Rd 2: Evan Ingram, TE. ole miss
Rd 3: Chris Godwin, WR, Penn state
Old 04-26-2017, 10:44 PM
Second String

Welcome back. The board has been quiet.
I like all 3 picks but would not pass on Jones in the second. Would be a top 10 pick if not for the injury.
If the picks fell your way I'd be fine with it.I had Godwin in my earlier picks but felt edge was a bigger need.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:46 AM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
Welcome back. The board has been quiet.
I like all 3 picks but would not pass on Jones in the second. Would be a top 10 pick if not for the injury.
If the picks fell your way I'd be fine with it.I had Godwin in my earlier picks but felt edge was a bigger need.
Thanks brotha.. it'll pick up next few days.. I like Jones as well, I would be happy with that pick as well... whatever they do I think they avoid a QB this year. Build the team, see what happens and maybe make a play for Darnold next year
Old 04-27-2017, 11:40 AM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartSanchezScott06 View Post
Thanks brotha.. it'll pick up next few days.. I like Jones as well, I would be happy with that pick as well... whatever they do I think they avoid a QB this year. Build the team, see what happens and maybe make a play for Darnold next year
Yeah, passing on the QB position to fill other more important positions has been my mindset from the start.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:03 PM
Second String

....and with the 6th pick of the 2017 NFL draft, the New York Jets take..... Deshaun Watson, quarterback, Clemson University...... NOOOOOOOO !