The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors

Old 04-22-2017, 08:27 AM
Third String

Default Cleveland away

I'll be making my obligatory trip to Cleveland again this year if anyone fancies joining me.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:02 PM
Second String

Good game choice. We should be competitive vs the Brown's.
Enjoy the game.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:19 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
I know it's early but I can see us losing the last 6 in a row, unless the Patriots have wrapped up home field and rest everyone week 17.
Realistically, I think it will look something like this:
1) at buffalo. Loss
2) at Oakland. Loss
3 vs miami. Loss
4) vs jacksonsville toss up
5) at Cleveland toss up
6) vs pats. Loss
7) at Miami. Loss
8) vs Atlanta. Loss
9) vs buffalo. Winn
10) at Tampa. Loss
11) bye
12) vs Carolina Loss
13) vs KC. Loss
14) at Denver. Loss
15) at NO. Loss
16) vs chargers Loss
17) at NE. Win
I can see 3- maybe 5 wins, but if we show up to play, show improvement, the win - loss record doesn't matter to me.
On a side note.... Where the heck is everyone? One week from the draft and crickets...
No mocks, prospect profiles, shocked by how quiet it has become here.

Hey. I'm here. I'm just trying to be the quiet type and I share your sentiment above about the team actually showing up to play instead of barely going through the motions. I especially agree with expecting to see noticeable improvement every game. I know, you didn't say noticeable or instead of barely going through the motions, but, as a writer I tend to embellish from time to time and it was time.
Old 04-22-2017, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beresford View Post
There's not that much to talk about, most of us have written off next season AND the Patriots are a lock for the AFC East and probable home advantage. There is nothing that can happen in the draft to change any of this, we need a QB, and we can't develop one of those until we fix the O-line so he can stand up without getting a punctured lung. People are taking about getting a high draft pick next year to take a QB, but we will probably need a left tackle instead. Our past first rounders Wilkerson and Richardson have character issues and our cup of joy will be complete if this rubs off onto Williams. A strong schedule will be a negative tie-breaker with the other no-hope franchises.
I agree about the D line and that's why I hope we trade Sheldon Richardson, I think he was probably a bad influence on Wilkerson IMO. Williams was the only one who played hard the whole season and I think he'll be fine.
Old 04-23-2017, 02:20 AM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by beresford View Post
There's not that much to talk about, most of us have written off next season AND the Patriots are a lock for the AFC East and probable home advantage. There is nothing that can happen in the draft to change any of this, we need a QB, and we can't develop one of those until we fix the O-line so he can stand up without getting a punctured lung. People are taking about getting a high draft pick next year to take a QB, but we will probably need a left tackle instead. Our past first rounders Wilkerson and Richardson have character issues and our cup of joy will be complete if this rubs off onto Williams. A strong schedule will be a negative tie-breaker with the other no-hope franchises.
There's plenty to talk about.
Granted the season is going to be pretty tough but it is the beginning of the rebuilding process. Something this franchise has desperately needed for years. Who cares about the Patriots? There are a handful of members here who are more focused on NE then the Jets.
The o line is in much better shape than most think. Johnson looked good when playing for an injured Mangold, Carpenter and Winters are solid, Shell was very good at RT to close the season and Beachum should be back to form in year 2 of rehabbing his knee. We don't have a clue as to what Hack can do so we may have that QB all ready on the roster. Besides, a great team is what makes a QB great. Brady, possibly the best QB to play in the NFL is a perfect example. Bilicheck​ was trying to replace him with retired QBs, Harbaugh was one before Bledsoe went down and the rest is history.
Mo and Richardson definitely have issues, but Williams is a leader and plays for a love of the game. He isn't going to follow Mo and Sheldon.
As far as this draft not changing anything, the future of this team rest on this draft. There is alot of depth in this class and hitting on 3 - 4 picks can be the difference between becoming a sustainably competitive team in 2-3 years or going right back to mediocrity.
Bowles future and possibly Mac's rest on this draft and upcoming season.
As a fan there is alot to talk about, to debate, good and bad.
Old 04-23-2017, 02:23 AM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramoah View Post
Hey. I'm here. I'm just trying to be the quiet type and I share your sentiment above about the team actually showing up to play instead of barely going through the motions. I especially agree with expecting to see noticeable improvement every game. I know, you didn't say noticeable or instead of barely going through the motions, but, as a writer I tend to embellish from time to time and it was time.
Feel free to embellish my friend. At times last season, barely going through the motions would have been a noticable improvement... Lol
Old 04-23-2017, 01:32 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
Feel free to embellish my friend. At times last season, barely going through the motions would have been a noticable improvement... Lol
I'll second that !!
Old 04-23-2017, 06:16 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsknicks1 View Post
I agree about the D line and that's why I hope we trade Sheldon Richardson, I think he was probably a bad influence on Wilkerson IMO. Williams was the only one who played hard the whole season and I think he'll be fine.
It's the other way around. Mo was the vet, Richardson actually started following Mo's lead. Wilkerson has had an issue with his tardiness since he became a Jet and it was why they were actively trying to shop him before finally signing long term. Once extended, his attitude got worse.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:00 AM
Practice Squad

DUMP FOR DARNAUD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes :
Old 04-26-2017, 10:36 AM
Third String

1) at buffalo - W
2) at Oakland- L
3 vs Miami- W
4) vs Jacksonville- L
5) at Cleveland - W
6) vs pats- L
7) at Miami- L
8) vs Atlanta- L
9) vs buffalo - W
10) at Tampa - L
11) bye
12) vs Carolina- L
13) vs KC - L
14) at Denver- L
15) at NO - W
16) vs chargers- W
17) at NE - L

6-10/5-11 for the year.. Just not enough on either side to really compete.. prob have to watch another NE superbowl