The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors
New York Jets Forums / Jets Forum: All Things JETS! / Jets Playbook / NY Jets off season suspension tracker

Old 04-15-2017, 10:46 AM
Second String

Default NY Jets off season suspension tracker

So far we have 3 players currently suspended to open the 2017 season.

Nick Marshall will be suspended for the first four games of this season after violating the league?s performance-enhancing drug policy
Jalin Marshall will be suspended for the first four games of this season after violating the league?s performance-enhancing drug policy
Austin Seferian-Jenkins will be suspended for the first two games of this season after violating the league?s personal-conduct policy
I wonder if Vegas is taking any action yet on the # of Jet players suspended vs the # of wins for this season....
Old 04-15-2017, 06:17 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
So far we have 3 players currently suspended to open the 2017 season.

Nick Marshall will be suspended for the first four games of this season after violating the league?s performance-enhancing drug policy
Jalin Marshall will be suspended for the first four games of this season after violating the league?s performance-enhancing drug policy
Austin Seferian-Jenkins will be suspended for the first two games of this season after violating the league?s personal-conduct policy
I wonder if Vegas is taking any action yet on the # of Jet players suspended vs the # of wins for this season....
I wondered if anyone picked up on this besides me. I should have guessed that sharp eyed Tony would. We're off to a great start. I'll keep my thoughts on this matter clean but for my money if any one of these three repeat this violation they should immediately get their walking papers.
Old 04-16-2017, 02:56 PM
Second String

Nick has a history of stupidity, was kicked out of UGA for theft.
ASJ is on his second DUI, was stopped for speeding, was told he was just getting a warning but kept rambling on to the officer and his impairment became impossible to ignore.
Jalin was using Adderall to get high.
All should be in danger of getting cut, but all also play positions of need.
Old 04-16-2017, 04:08 PM
Second String

Quote:
All should be in danger of getting cut, but all also play positions of need.
Now is also a great time to take a principled stand when we know we have nothing to lose by it.
Old 04-16-2017, 07:33 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by beresford View Post
Now is also a great time to take a principled stand when we know we have nothing to lose by it.
Could not agree more.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:50 PM
Third String

Quote:
Could not agree more.
Yeah,let me on this bandwagon too. Even though, as you mentioned Tony, they play positions of need, if we can't be certain that they will be available to play those positions when we need them to, then I feel we don't need them. Two of these guys are going to be out 4 games and the other for 2 so won't be of much value during those games. I want us to create a stable of players that want to play, show up on time, and make sure they are available to play when we need them to, which means following the rules and stay out of trouble. I'm tired of us coddling players who seem to think that we have to bow down to their will. Lets get rid of the junkies and problem kids now and don't let any more in.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:33 AM
Practice Squad

We not only have lousy players , they are stupid also !!!!
Old 04-17-2017, 03:18 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramoah View Post
Yeah,let me on this bandwagon too. Even though, as you mentioned Tony, they play positions of need, if we can't be certain that they will be available to play those positions when we need them to, then I feel we don't need them. Two of these guys are going to be out 4 games and the other for 2 so won't be of much value during those games. I want us to create a stable of players that want to play, show up on time, and make sure they are available to play when we need them to, which means following the rules and stay out of trouble. I'm tired of us coddling players who seem to think that we have to bow down to their will. Lets get rid of the junkies and problem kids now and don't let any more in.
I'm completely on board with you.
Sadly it would be nearly impossible to field a team if we eliminate every player with drug issues or character concerns.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:44 PM
Third String

Quote:
I'm completely on board with you.
Sadly it would be nearly impossible to field a team if we eliminate every player with drug issues or character concerns.
I really hate to agree with you on this point, but, I have to. Just the same I think an intelligent management team would be working towards that end. If not, they should be.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:02 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramoah View Post
I really hate to agree with you on this point, but, I have to. Just the same I think an intelligent management team would be working towards that end. If not, they should be.
Unfortunately, it will never happen. Not with the Jets or any professional sports franchise. The pool of athletes is a mirror of our society. As long as kids get special treatment due to athletic ability, it will continue. The fact that a large percentage of the top athletes come from the most impoverished segments of society, where they are exposed to the culture of drugs, violence and abuse only adds to the problem.
Look at our current roster, if we eliminate every player with a history of drugs, violence, arrests. Who would be left?
Just off the top of my head, the 3 most recent, Sheldon, Mo, Enunwa.
Could the Jets field a team with players who have no prior arrests, drug issues, concerns? Yes. Could that team compete with the rest of the league? Not a chance.
The biggest question is, where do you draw the line. The 3 latest are not quality starters so easy to cut and send a message , but what if a player like Williams gets in trouble? Do we cut him or, more likely, does he get a pass. The majority of Jets fans will jump to his defense due to his abilities on the field.
There was a large debate on another forum about Sheldon's incident driving 143 mph. The feeling was it Should have warranted being cut instantly, and because of it, he should be traded this off season or released. The fact that Mo, who was also involved in a driving incident where he was also driving recklessly, crashed his vehicle, hit a pickup truck severely injuring the occupants, injuring himself and his 3 passengers, leading to his arrest and suspension was seen as much less significant.
Most fans defended Mo. Now in my opinion, both were incredibly stupid acts. The fact that Mo actually caused injury to 5 people and himself along with property damage makes it a little worse but either could have ended in fatalities.
Mo is given a pass by most because he is seen as being a key to the Jets success.
As long as winning games is the ultimate goal. Things will not change. Not on the Jets, not on the College level or even on the JV and varsity levels in highschool
I guess I rambled on , sorry about that...