The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors
New York Jets Forums / Jets Forum: All Things JETS! / Jets Playbook / Bowles. He is clueless, no wait,he gets it. Or does he

Old 03-29-2017, 11:45 PM
Second String

Default Bowles. He is clueless, no wait,he gets it. Or does he

I'm sure most of you know I am not very high on Bowles ability to lead a team as head coach.
On Monday he stated players being late is no big deal. It's part of life, the alarm clock doesn't always work.....
Considering the problems we had with players constantly being late , I have to wonder what he's thinking. Give them a built-in excuse to be late.
Yesterday he stated that he has to get involved in the offense. Attend meetings. This is the first positive thing I can find in Bowles. He was non existent to the Offensive players. Some have said that the only conversation they have with him was a hello if they happen to pass him in the hallway.
As a former DB and Defensive mind, he should be able to really help the QBs and recieving Corp get a jump on what the opponents are likely to throw at them. Hopefully he finds a balance and gets involved enough without getting in Morton's way.
He finally said the right thing, now let's see what he does.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:51 AM
Third String

I don't feel too inspired by this guy. He will be here the full upcoming season and I'm afraid the next one if the rookies show a little bit of progress. I predict he'll be canned mid season of his second try wasting our time and setting us back 1 and 1 half years.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:06 AM
Second String

I have no faith in him at all.
I can proudly say I was the first member here to call for his firing. So funny how I was crucified for it. Now most of the fan base sees his short comings.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:51 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
I have no faith in him at all.
I can proudly say I was the first member here to call for his firing. So funny how I was crucified for it. Now most of the fan base sees his short comings.
I see this season as his prove he is the guy for the job season. I try to keep in mind that this is his first gig as a head coach but some of the things that he says, does, and allows are troubling even for a rookie head coach. Holding a player out of the game for the first quarter hurts the team more than it hurts the player for those stupid violations that a pro shouldn't be guilty of in the first place. I would rather see a steep fine. Hit him where it hurts, in the wallet. The trouble here at Jets Country is that we can't afford to be changing the coaching staff every other season because that really screws things up. So, while I agree that he wasn't the best man for the job when we hired him, he was the only guy that would take the job. We can only hope that this season he gets his act together and becomes the head coach that we need.
Old 03-31-2017, 01:14 AM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramoah View Post
I see this season as his prove he is the guy for the job season. I try to keep in mind that this is his first gig as a head coach but some of the things that he says, does, and allows are troubling even for a rookie head coach. Holding a player out of the game for the first quarter hurts the team more than it hurts the player for those stupid violations that a pro shouldn't be guilty of in the first place. I would rather see a steep fine. Hit him where it hurts, in the wallet. The trouble here at Jets Country is that we can't afford to be changing the coaching staff every other season because that really screws things up. So, while I agree that he wasn't the best man for the job when we hired him, he was the only guy that would take the job. We can only hope that this season he gets his act together and becomes the head coach that we need.
Hopefully his new coaching staff are better teachers than the last years. That's going to go a long way in determining Bowles future.
Discipline and player development will be the key to his success or ultimate failure here.
The clock management and in game mistakes can be corrected , the big question is, can he learn to hold players accountable going forward.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:21 AM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
Hopefully his new coaching staff are better teachers than the last years. That's going to go a long way in determining Bowles future.
Discipline and player development will be the key to his success or ultimate failure here.
The clock management and in game mistakes can be corrected , the big question is, can he learn to hold players accountable going forward.
We can only hope. He needs to find some way to insure that the players respect team rules and each other. To be chronically late to team meetings and practices is childish, disrespectful, and unprofessional. Players that aren't willing to cooperate as far as I am concerned are cancerous to the team. If it were me I would resort to treating these children like children. First offense gets a warning and steep fine, second offense moved to the practice team for an undetermined amount of time, third offense they get cut. You've probably sensed that I'm tired of the front office and coaches catering to players that aren't team oriented. I'm especially irritated with coaches that don't enforce the rules which exist for a reason. I don't care how good that player is or thinks he is. If the coaches aren't doing their part they need to be held accountable as well. OK, I'll get off my soap box now.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:29 PM
Third String

I know times change, and behavior of younger generations changes... but it's all excuses for unacceptable behavior. You are a pro, you are paid to do a job which comes with responsibilities.
I love what Parcells used to say about meetings....or was it Coughlin?

If you are 5 minutes early, you're on time. If you are on time, you are late. If you are 5 minutes late, don't bother..
Old 04-11-2017, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramoah View Post
We can only hope. He needs to find some way to insure that the players respect team rules and each other. To be chronically late to team meetings and practices is childish, disrespectful, and unprofessional. Players that aren't willing to cooperate as far as I am concerned are cancerous to the team. If it were me I would resort to treating these children like children. First offense gets a warning and steep fine, second offense moved to the practice team for an undetermined amount of time, third offense they get cut. You've probably sensed that I'm tired of the front office and coaches catering to players that aren't team oriented. I'm especially irritated with coaches that don't enforce the rules which exist for a reason. I don't care how good that player is or thinks he is. If the coaches aren't doing their part they need to be held accountable as well. OK, I'll get off my soap box now.
2nd this, if you want a fat pay check,play the game and be a professional.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:54 PM
Practice Squad

Bowles is as good as gone since he let's the players run the clubhouse .
Old 04-12-2017, 06:57 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjdbbq1 View Post
Bowles is as good as gone since he let's the players run the clubhouse .
I wouldn't count him out just yet....................