The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors
New York Jets Forums / Jets Forum: All Things JETS! / Jets Playbook / Quinton Patton joining Jets WR Core

Old 03-25-2017, 06:46 PM
Third String

Default Quinton Patton joining Jets WR Core

In would appear that the Jets and Quinton Patton have agreed to terms. Quinton comes from the 49s and is recovering from surgery for a broken foot. His resume isn't that impressive but in his defense he didn't get much help from the "O" line. He's young, 26 years old, so maybe he'll prove to be an asset to the team. I hope he didn't cost much though.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:48 PM
Second String

Patton is pretty much a camp body.Morton is familiar with him from their time together in San Fran .
He is injury plagued though. Broken foot twice and concussion issues​ on top of that.
If he sticks, it will likely mean the end for one of the young guys. Marshall, Smith, Anderson or Peake.
We really need help at WR but I don't think Patton is the answer.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:08 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
Patton is pretty much a camp body.Morton is familiar with him from their time together in San Fran .
He is injury plagued though. Broken foot twice and concussion issues​ on top of that.
If he sticks, it will likely mean the end for one of the young guys. Marshall, Smith, Anderson or Peake.
We really need help at WR but I don't think Patton is the answer.
Yeah, that's my feeling too which explains why I don't find his resume impressive. Another wait and see body from my point of view.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:16 PM
Second String

The only positive thing I have really heard it that Harbaugh loved the kid and thins really highly of him.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:02 PM
Third String

Quote:
The only positive thing I have really heard it that Harbaugh loved the kid and thins really highly of him.
I don't remember his stats from last season exactly. I could go back and look but I'm too lazy. I believe he played 14 games before getting hurt, had around 40 receptions for about 400 yds. He had no touch downs. I don't know how many times he was targeted so don't have any feel for if he had drops. I do know that he is considered by several coaches to be dependable, and competent with very good hands.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:58 PM
Second String

His contract details per over the cap.
Quinton Patton signed a one year, $800,000 contract with the Jets. Patton has a non-guaranteed base salary of $775,000 for the 2017 season and he received a $25,000 guaranteed roster bonus. Patton will count for $665,000 in cap space in 2017, with $25,000 in dead money if he is cut.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:19 PM
Third String

Quote:
His contract details per over the cap.
Quinton Patton signed a one year, $800,000 contract with the Jets. Patton has a non-guaranteed base salary of $775,000 for the 2017 season and he received a $25,000 guaranteed roster bonus. Patton will count for $665,000 in cap space in 2017, with $25,000 in dead money if he is cut.
Hopefully he will earn every penny of that.