The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors

Old 03-21-2017, 08:29 PM

So McCown is better than the rest of the unsigned IMHO so I can at least breath a sign of relief that we did not sign, Tony "Oh no" Romo or Jay "Mr. Personality" Cutler.

McCown was a QB on the local Hartford Colonials at one time some years ago where I got to see his leadership on a smaller stage. He was a gamer, gave it his all and played every down like it was his last.

In the end, this upcoming year is going to be very disappointing for us fans being the JETS are going to hard pressed to compete with the elite teams with the current roster. Lets just hope the young kids get a shot at all positions so we can at least root for the positional players.

1975 all over again!

Red

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." General George Patton Jr
Old 03-22-2017, 11:16 AM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramoah View Post
I get the impression, based on his salary incentives, that mentoring is to be his primary role, but they could also be allowing for time missed because of injury or being benched for poor performance. He gets $125,000 for each game that he plays at least 50 percent of up to $2 million. He gets another $2 million if we make the playoffs and he played 65 percent of the time. He gets another $1.5 million if they make it to the Super Bowl, again playing 65 percent of the time. He makes $1.5 million if they win with the same playing requirement. I would seem to me that they are uncertain how much time he will spend under center.
HE GETS 1.5 MILLION IF WE MAKE THE SUPERBOWL

That is the funniest thing I have seen in a long long time. Why not give him all the money on Gods earth if we go to the superbowl. Are we moving to the NFC? the AFC already has next years superbowl participant in place
Old 03-22-2017, 11:19 AM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alndln View Post
I would have preferred Geno personally but we'll have to watch him do well with the Giants because that's the way it works for a Jet fan. Didn't you know this by now?
Geno gives us the best chance to lose and that's what we want to do next season to be in position for a qb in next years supposed good qb draft and Geno would have been cheap... so i have to agree i would have kept geno too
Old 03-22-2017, 11:23 AM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaterhater View Post
HE GETS 1.5 MILLION IF WE MAKE THE SUPERBOWL

That is the funniest thing I have seen in a long long time. Why not give him all the money on Gods earth if we go to the superbowl. Are we moving to the NFC? the AFC already has next years superbowl participant in place
I thought that you and Tony would get a good laugh out of that part of the agreement. I personally laughed so hard when I read that statement that I had to go to bathroom and wipe myself. In fact I get tears of laughter every time I think of it. Whatever possessed them to even think that they had to cover that possibility in the contract?
Old 03-22-2017, 11:26 AM
Second String

Quote:
I thought that you and Tony would get a good laugh out of that part of the agreement. I personally laughed so hard when I read that statement that I had to go to bathroom and wipe myself. In fact I get tears of laughter every time I think of it. Whatever possessed them to even think that they had to cover that possibility in the contract?
I'm still laughing and with tears too
Old 03-22-2017, 11:38 AM
Third String

Quote:
I'm still laughing and with tears too
If I could afford it I'd run to the nearest bookie and place a bet that they never have to pay him for that event.
Old 03-22-2017, 11:50 AM
Second String

Quote:
If I could afford it I'd run to the nearest bookie and place a bet that they never have to pay him for that event.
It would be a sure win that's for sure. The odds would definately not be favorable though. Like you would probably have to bet $1,000,000 to win $1. Sort of like betting on the Cheatahs to win the superbowl
Old 03-22-2017, 07:58 PM
Third String

Quote:
It would be a sure win that's for sure. The odds would definately not be favorable though. Like you would probably have to bet $1,000,000 to win $1. Sort of like betting on the Cheatahs to win the superbowl
The odds would be unbelievable, hence, I can't afford it.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:01 PM
Second String

The 125k per game bonus makes sense. The Superbowl bonus for arguably the worst starting QB in the league on one of the worst teams in the NFL. I'll have to get back to you after I change my pants.....
Old 03-24-2017, 04:54 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
The 125k per game bonus makes sense. The Superbowl bonus for arguably the worst starting QB in the league on one of the worst teams in the NFL. I'll have to get back to you after I change my pants.....
Yep, had the same effect on me.