The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors
New York Jets Forums / Jets Forum: All Things JETS! / Jets Playbook / Jets are strongest team in power rankings

Old 05-03-2017, 03:38 PM
Second String

Default Jets are strongest team in power rankings

In the latest nfl.com power rankings the Jets carry the weight of 31 other franchises on their shoulders.

Only one way from here....
Old 05-04-2017, 10:00 AM
Third String

I think they are a little harsh lol.. think we should still be above Clevland, San fran and Chicago... but like you said.. Only one way from here ... UP UP & AWAYYYYY
Old 05-17-2017, 01:04 AM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartSanchezScott06 View Post
I think they are a little harsh lol.. think we should still be above Clevland, San fran and Chicago... but like you said.. Only one way from here ... UP UP & AWAYYYYY
Look almost no national games, everyone writing us off. Jets always have stellar years when this happens. I rather us fly under the radar then super bowl promises.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:52 PM
Second String

I actually think that Cleveland has a better roster then we do especially after their FA signings, a stellar draft, not only did they get Myles Garrett, Peppers,and Njoku in the first round, the got Caleb Brantley, a first round talent in round 6 and he was cleared of any charges today. They also signed some of the top priority UDFAs following the draft. (Of course we did manage to steal the highly coveted Josh McCown from them)!
I have to Agree with ForeverGreen though. The Jets always seem to overachieve when they should be terrible.
I'm hoping if that's the case this season, it's because Hack or Petty stepped up and have proven they are the FQB going forward.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:40 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
I actually think that Cleveland has a better roster then we do especially after their FA signings, a stellar draft, not only did they get Myles Garrett, Peppers,and Njoku in the first round, the got Caleb Brantley, a first round talent in round 6 and he was cleared of any charges today. They also signed some of the top priority UDFAs following the draft. (Of course we did manage to steal the highly coveted Josh McCown from them)!
I have to Agree with ForeverGreen though. The Jets always seem to overachieve when they should be terrible.
I'm hoping if that's the case this season, it's because Hack or Petty stepped up and have proven they are the FQB going forward.
Aw come on Tony. You know that those guys they added won't help them now that we have stolen their superstar QB, McCown.
Old 05-22-2017, 03:06 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramoah View Post
Aw come on Tony. You know that those guys they added won't help them now that we have stolen their superstar QB, McCown.
Shhhh. McCown is our super secret weapon. Wait till week 10
When we play Tampa....
Fitz will be starting in place of an injured Winston, we will see a battle between the 2 greatest journeyman QB's to ever suit up in green and white.... Quite possibly a Superbowl Preview. Sorry, think I doubled up on my meds. Lol
Old 05-22-2017, 04:32 PM
Third String

Quote:
Shhhh. McCown is our super secret weapon. Wait till week 10
When we play Tampa....
Fitz will be starting in place of an injured Winston, we will see a battle between the 2 greatest journeyman QB's to ever suit up in green and white.... Quite possibly a Superbowl Preview. Sorry, think I doubled up on my meds. Lol

Well, IF he stays healthy he probably will play a lot this season. I read on line somewhere, I think Rich Cimini, says basically, that Hack's throws are so inaccurate that he can't hit the broad side of a barn from the inside. That thought makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:12 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramoah View Post
Well, IF he stays healthy he probably will play a lot this season. I read on line somewhere, I think Rich Cimini, says basically, that Hack's throws are so inaccurate that he can't hit the broad side of a barn from the inside. That thought makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over.
I don't put too much stock into anything Cimini says. He is as reliable as Mehta. Hack was very impressive in his first year at Penn State and as bad as he looked in his 1 appearance vs the Giants in preseason, he did put together one of the best drives, capped by a perfect TD throw, that this team has had in a while
I think McCown will get 3-4 games max. if he gets more, the tank is in full effect. He is 2-22 the past 3 years. Petty or Hack have to be able to beat him out.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:43 PM
Third String

Quote:
I don't put too much stock into anything Cimini says. He is as reliable as Mehta. Hack was very impressive in his first year at Penn State and as bad as he looked in his 1 appearance vs the Giants in preseason, he did put together one of the best drives, capped by a perfect TD throw, that this team has had in a while
I think McCown will get 3-4 games max. if he gets more, the tank is in full effect. He is 2-22 the past 3 years. Petty or Hack have to be able to beat him out.
I mirror your opinion of Cimini but it was someone else making the statement and him just repeating what he was told. Still, I don't intend to take the statement as fact as much as I take it as another opinion by someone who has watched him play. For certain it's going to be an interesting story to watch unfold.