The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors
New York Jets Forums / Jets Forum: All Things JETS! / Jets Playbook / Cowboys cornerback Morris Claiborne heading to Jets

Old 03-20-2017, 09:10 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
We have nearly no cap room. It's as good a signing as we could expect. Personally, I like the signing.
If he can stay healthy, a job for our trainers, he plays better then Revis did last year.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:08 AM
Second String

i thought after dumping everyone we now had plenty of cap space. do we only have enough for signing draft picks?
Old 03-21-2017, 11:29 AM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaterhater View Post
i thought after dumping everyone we now had plenty of cap space. do we only have enough for signing draft picks?
I don't recall the exact figure that we wound up with after the house cleaning. I believe that it was around 30 Mil. With the signings we have made so far I would venture to guess that we are down to somewhere between 20 and 25 Mil. So pretty much signing draft picks is all we have any money left for. I could be wrong but I think I'm close. If we sign many more superstars we will have to sell our draft picks to pay the locker room staff.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:13 PM
Third String

Quote:
think we have about 19 million in space, not counting Lattimore, McCown, Ijalana,Pennel, and Catanzaros contracts plus we need about $8.5 million for our draft picks, more if we trade down and add picks. We still have to release some one if Sheldon isn't traded to get under the cap.
We came into the off season $9 million over the cap.we have $11 million dead cap just between Fitz and Revis.another $3mill dead cap space for Jenkins, Giacomini,Folk and Claddy plus half million for Amaro and McDougle.
Next season we clear a ton of dead cap space and should be in much better shape
Old 03-21-2017, 03:33 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
think we have about 19 million in space, not counting Lattimore, McCown, Ijalana,Pennel, and Catanzaros contracts plus we need about $8.5 million for our draft picks, more if we trade down and add picks. We still have to release some one if Sheldon isn't traded to get under the cap.
We came into the off season $9 million over the cap.we have $11 million dead cap just between Fitz and Revis.another $3mill dead cap space for Jenkins, Giacomini,Folk and Claddy plus half million for Amaro and McDougle.
Next season we clear a ton of dead cap space and should be in much better shape
I knew I could count on you to have a handle on our finances Tony.
Old Yesterday, 11:25 AM
Second String

So Idzik did nothing good but he did get us way under the cap. Then Mac quickly put us back in the hole, which is you would expect a new regime to do given a surplus.

So now, this year, we have no players and no money which is actually good if next years QB class is the real thing.... of course we'll probably draft a new kicker with next years #1 anyway. Folk will be hard to replace
Old Yesterday, 11:35 AM
Third String

Quote:
So Idzik did nothing good but he did get us way under the cap. Then Mac quickly put us back in the hole, which is you would expect a new regime to do given a surplus.

So now, this year, we have no players and no money which is actually good if next years QB class is the real thing.... of course we'll probably draft a new kicker with next years #1 anyway. Folk will be hard to replace
Rumor is that we won't need a QB anyway. There are some NFL experts, and I use the term lightly, who believe that part of the agreement with McCown is to groom Hack to be our FQB. Apparently even though we haven't heard that from the front office there seems to be a general consensus that the feeling there is that he could be the guy.
Old Yesterday, 11:53 AM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramoah View Post
Rumor is that we won't need a QB anyway. There are some NFL experts, and I use the term lightly, who believe that part of the agreement with McCown is to groom Hack to be our FQB. Apparently even though we haven't heard that from the front office there seems to be a general consensus that the feeling there is that he could be the guy.
That's why we'll be drafting a new kicker with the number 1 pick next year
Old Yesterday, 08:01 PM
Third String

Quote:
That's why we'll be drafting a new kicker with the number 1 pick next year
Gotta put points on the board somehow, right ?