The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors

Old 01-25-2016, 09:21 PM
Second String

Default Some thoughts on yesterday and the future

With the superbowl now safe we can now relax and enjoy. I think most of the world feels the same way right now. They're all gla dthe dirty cheaters are done. They'd love to see Peyton go out on top, but if that can't be, then a Carolina win isn't too bad either.

When Brady finally hangs up his skirt, do you think anyone outside new england will be hoping he goes out with a superbowl win on top? I think most everyone will be hoping he goes out on the bottom of a pile of large lineman. Think about it. Manning is a loveable guy. brady not so much

So brady was beaten like a bass drum in a Memorial day parade yesterday. We all know that. But did anyone watch his body language yesterday? I spent the morning watching highlights over and over. brady was beaten so bad that it almost seemed it humbled him. He didn't rip into his line when he got hit like usual. At games end he didn't hurry off the field without saying a word to anyone. He actually went over to Peyton. Peyton held his handshake for a while and said something to him for a while. Bradys face said he wanted to get away but his body couldn't leave. In his post game , again he seemed defeated and almost humbled. He actually answered a good amount of questions in a defeated way instead of cutting people off and leaving. The whole thing was very odd to me

The cheatahs just fired their oline coach. Seriously. Wow.

It has now been a few years since their old oline coach has been gone. Before that he had been there longer then belichick. Could we finally be seeing the repercussions of his leaving? I, for one, have been waiting for it to happen. Maybe they will have a hard time fixing the oline next year. It is one of the hardest things to repair quickly and they seem to need a lot of repairs. I'm not going to get excited yet, but if they can't fix that line then brady will become average fast. Especially at age 39.

We will be looking for quality olinemen as our line ages so we will be competing with them for players.

were we again reminded yesterday that defense wins championships? belichick bought a secondary last year (Revis and Browner) and won the superbowl. He decided not to pay them this year and they come up short. And what beat them? A defense that crushed the girl wonder over and over. It was beautiful to see.

Can they fix this next year like they always do? I hope not, but like I said they always do but they have always had one constant. The best oline in football. Maybe that is gone and maybe we have hope for the future. Maybe not. I guess time will tell

The plays that always worked for belichick and made him the so called genius are now making him look pretty stupid. They look good when they work but they look oh so bad when they fail.

and brady, our hero, the king of the last minute comeback. When you are a cocky arrogant bstard and you have 4 downs to work with against a defense thats playing prevent you have a good chance of making a comeback. But how long before the odds catch up with you. You cant do it every time . and this team always seems to be down a score in the final minutes. maybe their luck has finally run out. Maybe not. I guess we'll see.

I wish gronkowski would retire or get suspended for drugs or something. He is just too big to take down and if you throw the ball up in a crowd he will usually come down with it. and most of the time nobody guards the guy.

In Ct. at least, as the number of cheater jerseys hats and flags grow by the day, it sure as heck feels like the cheaters have won the past 15 superbowls. When you look at the reality of things. They have won 13 or more games every year for 10 years since their first 3 superbowls where they were caught cheating. That's a whole lot of wins. And what do they have to show for it? One stinking superbowl win. ONE. and they were caught cheating that year too. and they won in part because Pete Carrol made the worst call in superbowl history.

What would we be saying about our Jets if they won 14 games a year for 11 straight years since 2005 and only had ONE superbowl ring to show for it. And TWO superbowl losses to the Giants! No wonder the cheatah fans are always worried about them. When you look at them from that perspective they look a whole lot different.
to be that close every single year and only have 1 ring. Man , I almost feel sorry for them.

And Peyton Manning. The greatest qb ever who everyone beats up cause he can't win the big game. I pick on him cause he can't beat the cheatahs. Well I apologize Peyton, cause you can beat the Cheatahs. And you do beat them. He's 3-1 in championship games against brady incuding 3 straight and has an overall winning record against brady and belichick in the playoffs. And don't say it wasn't him that won the game yesterday, cause he sure as heck didn't lose it.

And when you're trying to figure out who the best QB of our time is, think on this:
If Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, or Peyton Manning, to name just a few, had played on the cheaters for the past 15 years, wouldn't they each most likely have won 4 superbowls too? With 10 seconds to throw, EVERY SINGLE TIME. And I'm betting they could have done it without someone sending the other teams defensive plays into their headset during the game too.

Tom Brady Tom Brady tom Brady. I'm tired of hearing about him. I think the Broncos were tired of it yesterday too.

Thanks to anyone who actually read this whole post. I know it was a long one
Old 01-25-2016, 10:02 PM
Third String

Let's face it Denver beat the Cheatriots because the Cheatriots are not the same Cheatriots as last year, or even the Cheatriots of the beginning of the year. I expect Denver to lose badly in 2 weeks, maybe even worse than the Cardinals. At least the Cheatriots of old would have made the SB a game, maybe even won, but this time is not even worth watching. I'm not interested in Watching Newton do his stupid dance while he cruises to victory again.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:15 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alndln View Post
Let's face it Denver beat the Cheatriots because the Cheatriots are not the same Cheatriots as last year, or even the Cheatriots of the beginning of the year. I expect Denver to lose badly in 2 weeks, maybe even worse than the Cardinals. At least the Cheatriots of old would have made the SB a game, maybe even won, but this time is not even worth watching. I'm not interested in Watching Newton do his stupid dance while he cruises to victory again.
and lets hope they never become the cheatriots of old again

You never know. There wasn't a single person giving the Broncos a chance vs. that cheater team that really isn't even that good. Carolina is young and will go in cocky which could spell trouble. and defense still wins championships... but yeah it could be a blowout too.

it kills me that everyone just expects the cheatahs to win every game. It builds their confidence and gets the other teams thinking they won't win. the Broncos were having none of that and other teams should play the same way. You can't play the cheaters like you are in awe of their greatness. you have to play them like you hate them more then you have ever hated anything. The Broncos did that. The Giants have done it a few times. The Jets should do it more. Heck, they did it in new england in the playoffs once.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:36 PM
Third String

I'm not one who expected the Cheatriots to win because they just didn't look the same in the last month of the season. First the blowout by the Eagles then they couldn't secure home field against us or even the last place Dolphins. Their fans were blaming injuries but every team has those. Where is their depth? What's wrong with their GM? Where was their OL? what happened to their running game? Is Gronkowskie the only Cheat who can catch a ball besides Edleman sometimes? They were ripe for a loss, even against the offensive-less Bronco's.

Last edited by Alndln; 01-25-2016 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-26-2016, 08:35 AM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alndln View Post
I'm not one who expected the Cheatriots to win because they just didn't look the same in the last month of the season. First the blowout by the Eagles then they couldn't secure home field against us or even the last place Dolphins. Their fans were blaming injuries but every team has those. Where is their depth? What's wrong with their GM? Where was their OL? what happened to their running game? Is Gronkowskie the only Cheat who can catch a ball besides Edleman sometimes? They were ripe for a loss, even against the offensive-less Bronco's.
This is all true. Funny how none of the experts saw it that way. Everyone gives them too much credit and it just gives them more energy to keep winning