The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors

Old 01-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Hall Of Famer
Help Me - I'm Addicted

Default Pete Carroll

It looks like Pete Carroll is back in the NFL with Seattle Seahawks.
He should not have been fired from the Jets after 1 season. I wonder how the years would have been if Leon "I always liked Richie" Hess didn't fire Carroll for Rich Kotite? For one we would probably never had Parcells/Belichick/Groh/Edwards/Mangini/Ryan

If Sanchez doesn't show major improvement next year maybe they have a buyer in the Seahawks! lol
Old 01-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Veteran

The Jets should have given him another chance but what can you do and as for sanchez he ain't going anywhere.

"The message to the rest of the league is, hey, the Jets are coming, and we're going to give you everything we've got, and that's going to be, I think, more than you can handle."
Old 01-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapS33 View Post
It looks like Pete Carroll is back in the NFL with Seattle Seahawks.
He should not have been fired from the Jets after 1 season. I wonder how the years would have been if Leon "I always liked Richie" Hess didn't fire Carroll for Rich Kotite? For one we would probably never had Parcells/Belichick/Groh/Edwards/Mangini/Ryan

If Sanchez doesn't show major improvement next year maybe they have a buyer in the Seahawks! lol
i always liked pete, and thought they pulled the plug too early.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:36 AM
Hall Of Famer
Help Me - I'm Addicted

Carroll would be foolish to leave USC. He's a great college coach, but doesn't have a good track record in the NFL. I know there's more money in the NFL, but he's got a very good program in California and his talent lies in coaching college kids.
your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our
countrymen. --Samuel Adams
Old 01-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Hall Of Famer

From what I heard, USC is in trouble for several reasons and might not be eligible for playoff/bowl contention and have many privileges taken. If that's the case, Carroll is getting out while he can and maybe realizes that his team is not as good as they used to be and it'll take a while to get them back on track. It'll be interesting to see what he does in the NFL.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilkenny View Post
Carroll would be foolish to leave USC. He's a great college coach, but doesn't have a good track record in the NFL. I know there's more money in the NFL, but he's got a very good program in California and his talent lies in coaching college kids.
Totally agree. I wouldn't leave a great college program for the NFL. Except Pete knows what he getting himself into. Look at all the superstar college coaches who came to the NFL and floundered. Saban, Spurrior,Petrino...it's a different culture.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:53 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsmets View Post
From what I heard, USC is in trouble for several reasons and might not be eligible for playoff/bowl contention and have many privileges taken. If that's the case, Carroll is getting out while he can and maybe realizes that his team is not as good as they used to be and it'll take a while to get them back on track. It'll be interesting to see what he does in the NFL.
Yes, I read the same stuff too. Now a couple of his underclassmen declared for the draft yesterday. Hurts USC's recruiting at this time also.