The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors
New York Jets Forums / Jets Forum: All Things JETS! / Jets Playbook / Have a Question for Jets Nation...

Old 12-18-2013, 01:10 PM
Hall Of Famer
Help Me - I'm Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmf1369 View Post
And Rex will be crapping on our organization for the next decade, as B.B. maybe has a couple of more years left in him... Who you think will be made H.C. from there probably within and worse case scenario it is Rex...

All of our player(s)

Muhammad Wilkerson, Damon Harrison, Sheldon Richardson, Antonio Allen, Jeremy Kerley, Bilal Powell, will eventually sign with the Patriots b/c Rex Ryan is there...

It isn't just one little thing it is an avalanche of moves...
Stop yourself.

Even if Rex took a job with the Patriots and was successful he would take a HC job elsewhere before Bill Belichick retires. If by some chance he didn't Josh McDaniels would get the job before Rex.

How many Ravens that had choices came to the Jets. Ed Reed? No one else went after Scott & Leonhard. Forgot Derrick Mason! LOL
Dawan Landry was available after 2010. Jarrett Johnson, Chris Carr, Tom Zibowkowski...

Last edited by NapS33; 12-18-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:18 PM
Super Bowl Champions
Help Me - I'm Addicted

Send a message via ICQ to gmf1369 Send a message via Yahoo to gmf1369

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapS33 View Post
How many Ravens that had choices came to the Jets. Ed Reed? No one else went after Scott & Leonhard. Forgot Derrick Mason! LOL
The question is just... Since every body feels Rex isn't the guy, what happens if he leaves and goes to our Rivals...

Just a question, but the player(s) currently have stated they would follow Rex where ever he coaches... So implications of Rex leaving is more than just him...
Old 12-18-2013, 02:01 PM
Super Bowl Champions
Help Me - I'm Addicted

Quote:
The question is just... Since every body feels Rex isn't the guy, what happens if he leaves and goes to our Rivals...
The Mets why would he go there.....the city is big enough for two losers

My Sports Teams Baseball Cardinals Football Jets & Cardinals Hockey Bruins & Blues Basketball Celtics
Old 12-18-2013, 02:11 PM
Super Bowl Champions
Help Me - I'm Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterscotch View Post
The Mets why would he go there.....the city is big enough for two losers
I wonder if his defense would work for the Knicks???
Old 12-18-2013, 02:28 PM
Super Bowl Champions
Help Me - I'm Addicted

Quote:
I wonder if his defense would work for the Knicks???
Anything will work for the knicks

My Sports Teams Baseball Cardinals Football Jets & Cardinals Hockey Bruins & Blues Basketball Celtics
Old 12-18-2013, 02:37 PM
Super Bowl Champions
Help Me - I'm Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterscotch View Post
Anything will work for the knicks
Old 12-18-2013, 02:40 PM
Hall Of Famer
Help Me - I'm Addicted

Quote:

Just a question, but the player(s) currently have stated they would follow Rex where ever he coaches... So implications of Rex leaving is more than just him...
Yeah and Pete Rose said he would play baseball for free until he became a free agent! LOL

It's talk.

If he inherits a good roster they might have a good team if they are not a good team Jets fans don't have to worry.
Bottom line is he hasn't done a good job over the last 3 years. He knows that you guys don't have to defend him. He said after 2011 he didn't know about the turmoil and also said he had to get more involved with the defense. He's now on his 3rd OC not because these guys are moving on to take HC jobs. He dumped his handpicked DC. He's dumping them because why? Because the team has cap issues? Because they have limited talent to work with?

You think the coaches in Cleveland, Jacksonville, Oakland don't have the same "excuses" as Rex? Ken Whisenhunt got fired in Arizona because their former GM (our current #2 man in the front office) didn't adequately replace Kurt Warner.
Just like the Jets losing Revis. Last year they protected the secondary and teams ran on them. This year he's focusing on the run and the secondary is exposed. The last 3 weeks the secondary hasn't been as bad but their 3 opponents all ran for 125+ yards

Most HCs that get fired could do better jobs if they had better talent. This isn't something that only applies to Rex and the Jets.

The problem is too many worry about our rivals. Like the coaches say "do YOUR job." Lets build a winning/legit playoff caliber team then we'll worry about a specific opponents.
Old 12-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Pro Bowler

Send a message via ICQ to joeuser Send a message via AIM to joeuser Send a message via MSN to joeuser Send a message via Yahoo to joeuser Send a message via Skype™ to joeuser

Not everyone wants Rex to go. I would hope that we would give Id & MM another year also. We did get further than Madden 25 predicted & again, everyone was still dealing with prior year(s) messes...

I'm not all up on things like you guys, but you don't have to be - to know stability goes a long way. I don't think anyone was that bad - that they need to go right away
Old 12-19-2013, 01:12 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Let's say the Jets GM John Idzik convinces Woody Johnson to move on from Rex Ryan...

How would you end up feeling if Rex Ryan ended up in New England as the Patriot's Defensive Coordinator???
One would feel great if B.B. is his replacement as HC of the NYJ
Old 12-19-2013, 01:20 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
And Rex will be crapping on our organization for the next decade, as B.B. maybe has a couple of more years left in him... Who you think will be made H.C. from there probably within and worse case scenario it is Rex...

All of our player(s)

Muhammad Wilkerson, Damon Harrison, Sheldon Richardson, Antonio Allen, Jeremy Kerley, Bilal Powell, will eventually sign with the Patriots b/c Rex Ryan is there...

It isn't just one little thing it is an avalanche of moves...
Let's see if Kraft hired Rex (since we all know BB would never do it) What would be the over / under of days Rex lasted prior to Kraft letting him go because BB said it was Rex or him