The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors
New York Jets Forums / Website Feedback / Archives / Best Case Draft Scenarios.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:24 PM
sgreene23

Default Best Case Draft Scenarios.

Round 1 We select Melvin Ingram who some how falls to us at 16

Round 2 We select Stephen Hill by moving up by trading two sixths as well.

Round 3 We Select Markelle Martin or any other free safety on the board.

To Lazy to do the rest because these will be the key impact players for our next season. We will probably trade for another 3rd rounder and select a tackle or an end or MLB.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Hall Of Famer
Help Me - I'm Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgreene23 View Post
Round 1 We select Melvin Ingram who some how falls to us at 16

Round 2 We select Stephen Hill by moving up by trading two sixths as well.

Round 3 We Select Markelle Martin or any other free safety on the board.

To Lazy to do the rest because these will be the key impact players for our next season. We will probably trade for another 3rd rounder and select a tackle or an end or MLB.
Now, many of these guys will not slide to the Jets, but this is BEST CASE SCENARIO, so keep that in mind.

Here's my list...

Rd 1: DeCastro-OG/OT: OG is not a huge need for us but this guys is just too good to pass up. He is arguably the best, most NFL ready O-lineman in the draft and I see him being a perennial Pro-Bowler for years to come. He will be a steal at 16.

Other possibility- Ingram/Upshaw-DE/OLB: i really think one of these guys will be available (especially with the Bills now most likely taking an O-lineman) and I would be fine with either of them.

Rd 2: N.Perry/R.Lewis-OLB: Perry probably will not fall this far but if he does we should snag him. Probably the best "pure" pass rusher in the draft, and weather we take Ingram or Upshaw or DeCastro, he would still be able to come in and make an immediate impact as a rush OLB.
R.Lewis is more likely to be there and would add a similar impact.

Rd 3: Iloka-S: This is a reach, but also would be a best case scenario. Iloka has so much potential that I could see him going as high as the 2nd but he is so raw I could see him falling down to the 4th rd as well. With his size, speed and ability to cover he is exactly what we need. And we still have the safety depth (Leonhard, Landry, smith Wilson) that would keep him from having to come in and learn on the fly.

Rd 4 or 5: TRADE: We trade one of our 6th and 7th for a late 4th or early 5th and take: Tommy Streeter-WR: This guy is raw but has the size, speed and athleticism to be a stud WR if he improves on his routes and works on securing the catch. If this were not such a deep draft for WR's he would go much much higher, purely on potential. He would be a steal in the 5th- IMHO.

Rd 5 pick 2: Matt Reynolds-OT: This guys is a beast with the way he blocks. Has solid size, 6'5, 305lbs. Could develop into a great RT. Definately worth taking in the 5th.
Another option: Levy Adcock-OT.

Rd 6: Vontaze-ILB: if he falls this far he would ABSOLUTELY be worth the risk. Bart Scott is staying, Mauga is a solid backup, this would allow Vontaze to come in as a situational blitzing ILB and give him the opportunity to learn the position before having the pressure of going out there as an every down ILB.

Rd. 7: David Molk-C: Very simple, we all saw what happened when Mangold was out. Taking an underrated C in the 7th to develop behind Mangold is a good move.

There we go...as you can see i went heavy on the O-linemen and LB's as i believe we desperately need to add youth in those areas.

Surprised i do not have a corner somewhere late in the draft? Well, I'm sure the Jets will pick one up in the 6th or 7th...

Last edited by peppep; 04-16-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:56 PM
Super Bowl Champions
Help Me - I'm Addicted

Send a message via ICQ to gmf1369 Send a message via Yahoo to gmf1369

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppep View Post
Now, many of these guys will not slide to the Jets, but this is BEST CASE SCENARIO, so keep that in mind.

Here's my list...

Rd 1: DeCastro-OG/OT Caleb Schaulderaff & Matt Slauson are our future guards; jury still out on tackle

Rd 2: N.Perry/R.Lewis-OLB Perry can fit but Lewis is more versatile to our needs at weak outside linebacker and can start season opener...

Rd 3: Iloka-S Signed FS DeAngelo Smith don't mention we have 4 safeties now without Leonhard...
LaRon Landry, Eric Smith, Tracey Wilson and newly signed free safety D. Smith... Iloka good candidate but more then likely gone...

Tommy Streeter local or non-local visit, not on our radar will be gone end of Rd 3

Matt Reynolds-OT local or non-local visit, not on our radar

Rd 6: Vontaze-ILB Waste a pick on a bust

Rd. 7: David Molk-C We signed Kris O'Dowd Center

There we go...as you can see i went heavy on the O-linemen and LB's as i believe we desperately need to add youth in those areas.

Sorry had to do it LOL...
Old 04-16-2012, 04:30 PM
Hall Of Famer
Help Me - I'm Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmf1369 View Post
Sorry had to do it LOL...
HAHA, yeah, well, obviously this isn't the way the draft will go.

BUT....in my defense:

No-one really knows for sure but I see DeCastro as being better than either Slauson or Caleb. But you're right not enough of a need at Guard. I also had Ingram/Upshaw slotted at that pick.

I see T.Streeter as having a ton of potential and maybe he SHOULD be on their radar, they could probably use him year one in certain red-zone situations...or to stretch the field.

Landry and Smith- 1yr contracts, Leonhard still unsigned (probably will sign 1yr deal), all of these guys may be gone by next year. No reason we shouldn't be looking at a future starter Safety in the draft- Iloka makes most sense for us.

M.Reynolds/Adcock- once again, maybe these guys SHOULD be on our radar...especially with our current situation at RT.

Vontaze could def. be a bust...but worth the gamble in the 6th rd.- IMO.

I DO appreciate the post...love getting insight into the way the Jets brass will approach this draft!
Old 04-16-2012, 05:25 PM
Super Bowl Champions
Help Me - I'm Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppep View Post
HAHA, yeah, well, obviously this isn't the way the draft will go.

BUT....in my defense:

No-one really knows for sure but I see DeCastro as being better than either Slauson or Caleb. But you're right not enough of a need at Guard. I also had Ingram/Upshaw slotted at that pick.

I see T.Streeter as having a ton of potential and maybe he SHOULD be on their radar, they could probably use him year one in certain red-zone situations...or to stretch the field.

Landry and Smith- 1yr contracts, Leonhard still unsigned (probably will sign 1yr deal), all of these guys may be gone by next year. No reason we shouldn't be looking at a future starter Safety in the draft- Iloka makes most sense for us.

M.Reynolds/Adcock- once again, maybe these guys SHOULD be on our radar...especially with our current situation at RT.

Vontaze could def. be a bust...but worth the gamble in the 6th rd.- IMO.

I DO appreciate the post...love getting insight into the way the Jets brass will approach this draft!
so far we signed much needed safety and another defensive end whom coincidentally played DT in Oakland, which could compete for starter position at RE/DT could have just figured what Front Office will do with the first pick: OLB

Now if that is Ingram or whomever is yet to be seen...
Old 04-17-2012, 12:18 PM
Hall Of Famer
Help Me - I'm Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmf1369 View Post
so far we signed much needed safety and another defensive end whom coincidentally played DT in Oakland, which could compete for starter position at RE/DT could have just figured what Front Office will do with the first pick: OLB

Now if that is Ingram or whomever is yet to be seen...
Looking more and more like Upshaw at 16 or a trade up for Ingram...I'd be surprised if they were willing to trade up for Ingram when they could have Upshaw at 16.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:57 PM
Veteran

I like Upshaw but if Mike Adams OT from Ohio State is available at 16 we should jump on him.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:34 PM
Hall Of Famer
Help Me - I'm Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogeatdog View Post
I like Upshaw but if Mike Adams OT from Ohio State is available at 16 we should jump on him.
Reeely?? Adams seems like a reach at 16...if that's the guy we're targeting we should trade down, maybe re-coop that 4th rd pick.

Many mocks have him going early in the 2nd.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:43 PM
Super Bowl Champions
Help Me - I'm Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogeatdog View Post
Stock for both Upshaw and Adams have fallen end of round 1 early round 2 so no to both at 16...